Sunday, September 20, 2009

Summer Lovin!

I was reminded today that it's the last day of summer and I started thinking about what an awesome summer it was! Summer isn't my favorite season. I LOVE fall and the holiday season, but I really did have an absolutely amazing summer this year! First of all, I was in the process of building my very first home this summer. Really, it doesn't get more exciting than that! In May I went to Boston and New York for the first time ever. In June, of course I turned 30 and had a fabulous birthday party! In July I headed to Las Vegas to work for 9 weeks. It was so much fun to hang with all my Vegas friends and my family down there. I mean, really! Who gets an opportunity like that? I basically got paid to go on vacation! And of course I have been staying with my AWESOME cousins while my house is being built. It has really been perfect and I am going to miss them a lot when I finally move into my house. Good thing I am so excited for my new house or I might really be sad! So thanks to everyone who made my summer so great and memorable. Hopefully things will only get better from here! Of course I have new pictures of my house. Hopefully blogger will cooperate and let me post them properly...
I finally have a driveway! The outside is almost all the way done!
I'm pretty excited about the cookie sheet divider in my cabinet!


They finally took the packing off the "logs" in my fireplace! I even turned it on!


My kitchen with the light fixtures and appliances in! Gotta get a new kitchen faucet, this one is pretty ghetto! But other than that I LOVE it!
As I'm sure happens with every new home, the dates that I am supposed to do my final walk through and closing keep changing. Right now, my walk through is supposed to be on October 2 and closing on October 6. But of course that could change! In any case, I am so close I can almost taste it!! I can't wait to sleep in my very own bed again!!

1 comment:

Silvia said...

that is so awesome, Shauna! maybe we'll have to do get a huge group of us and do a huge slumber party/sleep over. You'll have tons of room! ehehe

Followers