Monday, June 29, 2009

Happy Birthdays!!!

Three of my favorite people in the whole world are having birthdays this week!


Today is my mom's birthday! I have the greatest mom in the entire world!! I know a lot of people say that about their moms, but with mine it's really true! My mom is one of the most giving, caring, loving (insert adjective here) people I know. My parents got divorced when I was 10 and my mom was a single mother to me and my brother. I'd say she did a pretty good job of raising us, too! I think we turned out pretty darn good! If my brother, my niece or I ever needed anything, she would do whatever it took to make sure we got it. I know it's hard for my mom having all her kids live so far away, but I love her more than she will ever know and I hope she has the best birthday ever!!

Tomorrow is my cousin Carrie's birthday. Where to begin about Carrie......I most certainly would not have made it through nursing school without her! She has always been behind me when I needed support and has given me numerous gems of infinite wisdom! Carrie is one of the most fantastic cooks ever!! I miss living just down the street and going over for dinner or dessert or just to bs. Carrie's always there when I need someone to talk to or laugh with. She is the one who I can tell anything to! It has been entirely too long since I have seen her and I am grateful that we have still managed to stay close despite being seven hours apart.

And last but most certainly not least, my niece Amaria. She is going to be 7 on Friday and I just can't believe it! Amaria is one of the smartest, sweetest, most well adjusted kids I have ever met. She never wants to hurt anyone's feelings and is always making cute pictures and fun crafts for the people she loves. I love talking to Amaria on the phone and giving her a hard time until she laughs. She loves science and reading and pink and purple and the littlest pet shop, among other things. I am so lucky to have such an amazing thoughtful beautiful little girl to call my niece! The only thing wrong with her is that she is growing up too fast! I can't wait to see her again, hopefully soon. I hope she will always think that all the fireworks on the 4th of July are for her, because she deserves them!

Followers