Sunday, June 14, 2009

Going Out With a Bang!

I had the most fantastically fun birthday party last night! Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures to post because I was busy mingling and I left Gladhes in charge of the picture taking. I'm sure she will get them sent to me soon, but for now I just want to say that I really have the greatest family and friends anyone could ask for. Erin and my cousin Allison (who I am living with until my house is done) threw me the best party ever last night!! I really can't think of a better way to have spent my birthday than with all of my good friends and some bbq! Anyone who is here in Salt Lake knows the weather has been CRAP for the past couple of weeks and yesterday was really no exception. It rained pretty hard earlier in the day but it cleared up in time for the party. Although it was a little chilly, we only got sprinkled on once and it was dry the rest of the night. I have to say that the entire night was made by one of my bestest friends from nursing school, Gladhes and her brother Ralph. They completely surprised me and drove all the way from Las Vegas to come to my birthday party! They are two of the coolest people I know! Funny as can be and everyone just loves them! I am so lucky to have them for friends and for them to go to such an effort for me was awesome! Close to twenty or so other good friends showed up and I so appreciate everyone putting up with the cold to come out for my birthday! There were burgers, dogs, pasta salads, cobblers, cookies, fruit, chips and salsa from Chili's (YUM!!! thanks Sara!!) and Erin's dad made the most fantastic baked beans ever! Of course there was birthday cake, a fire, makeshift karaoke. Really, I couldn't have asked for a funner night. I cannot believe that I am going to be 30 in just over 4 hours! I thought I might be a little sad, but I had such a fabulous birthday party with the best friends in the world that it helped me realize that my life is just getting started! Marija is flying in tomorrow to spend the day with me (I mean really, I don't think anyone's friends are anywhwere near as great as mine are!!) I am feeling a little nostalgic thinking about the last 30 years and all the things (good and bad) that have happened in my life. But I really am blessed. I have a great career, I am building my first house, I have a hot car! And of course I really have the best, most loving family and friends ever. I couldn't have hand picked each and every one of you any better if I had been able to see into the future. I am so lucky to have so many great people who care about me in my life. Thank you thank you thank you to everyone who came out to help me celebrate and to everyone who has been a part of my life at all. I truly am blessed! And my 30th birthday has been awesome!! (Although technically I am still 29.) Sorry for such a mushy post, but I guess that is what happens when you turn 30....you turn into an old sap! I love you all, and I promise to post photos of the fabulous night as soon as I get them from Gladhes.

2 comments:

Silvia said...

excuse me?! you're not an old sap! that was an awesome post! And I'm glad you had an awesome b-day party! I don't have awesome b-day parties anymore- that's what happens when you have kids. So enjoy your life right now; it gets so much harder when you get married and add humans to the game. LOL I miss my single days!

The Burrows Family said...

Happy Birthday! I'm so glad that you had fun!! I can't wait to see pics! I wish I could've been there!

Followers