Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Got Concrete?

Well, I sure do! They have finally poured the footings for my house!!



I know, I know, everyone is totally excited to see some pictures of dirt and concrete. But I can hardly believe that things are progressing! I have so much going on this summer that I'm sure my house will be done before I know it. It's so freakin exciting to see any sort of progress! They have the window frames, window wells and rebar all ready to put in place so I'm hoping they pour the foundation in the next day or two. Maybe that's a little optimistic, but I can always hope, right?

I took a fantastic trip to Yuba Lake this weekend! The weather was finally decent on the weekend! In fact, it was down right hot. I used a lot of sunscreen and still got a little burned. As much as I have decided that I don't think beach camping is for me, I always have a blast every time I go anywhere with the Bingham/Malave/Peebles clans and of course, Erin.

Levi was so excited about boating, he couldn't even wait to get it in the water! Haha. Really, he was fixing the seat. It got really windy right about dinner time on both nights! The first night was horrible. I couldn't even keep my grill lit! So I cleverly fashioned a tin foil tent and was finally able to finish cooking our meal! I cooked some bacon on the grill Saturday morning. As you can imagine, the abundant bacon grease caused a few flare ups of the grill. So, I burned a hole in our kitchen. Ooops! Sorry Levi!

Erin went wakeboarding for her first time! It took her a few tries, but she finally made it up! Go Erin!! And of course Amanda was pretty much a pro wakeboarder.

And Levi even found a friend while we were there!!

I had a fantastic time although I was very happy to get home and take a shower and wash my hair three or four times. What a fun weekend! I don't have any big plans for the 4th, probably a bbq and some fireworks somewhere, but I'm sure to have fun since I will be with my friends! I hope everyone has a happy and safe holiday weekend!!

1 comment:

Silvia said...

how fun! I'd love to go boating one day... thats on my list of "Things to do before I die"! And I love the foundation on your house... beautiful! LOL

Followers