Thursday, July 9, 2009

How Firm a Foundation!

So...........I have a foundation!!!

How excited am I!? Words really cannot describe! From what I understand, they have to do a bunch of things that won't really look like much progress (sewer, gravel, etc.) before they pour the basement and garage floors. After all this, the framing will finally begin! My pre-drywall inspection, which is when the framing, HVAC, electrical and plumbing are all done, should be around August 17th. At that point, I am about 60 days from closing so it looks like it will probably be more like October instead of September before it is actually complete. But, time is really racing!

So, the agency that I am working for here in Salt Lake submitted me for a contract in Las Vegas. It's not technically a "travel" contract so it doesn't include reimbursment for travel expenses or a living allowance each month, but it's still guaranteed hours and a very good hourly rate of pay. I never in a million years thought that I would even get a phone interview, but they called me today and offered me a contract!! It is only 4 weeks, but I think that will be a perfect amount of time to spend in Vegas and see my mom and cousin, and catch up with friends. Amaria is there for the summer visiting her mother too so hopefully I will get to spend quite a bit of time with her! I will be at Mountain View hospital on the post partum floor. It is day shifts (YAH!!!) and the need is mostly during the week so it looks like I will have most of the weekends off. It almost sounds like it is too good to be true so I hope it's not! I'm heading out on Sunday or Monday and will be starting on Wednesday. So, everyone wish me luck! I am kind of bummed to be missing the progress on my house, but the community manager goes out daily and takes pictures of things so hopefully I will not feel like I am missing too much! Fortunately mostly everything I own is already in boxes so it shouldn't be too hard to pack and move!

I am off to bed for now, but I will be sure to update with all my exciting adventures in Las Vegas!

1 comment:

Silvia said...

how exciting Shauna! That'll be great to be able to stay close to your fam while making some good dough. Good for you! And hopefully the house construction doesn't get any more derailed- they always say it'll be done at a certain time before they start building, when in fact you end up moving in 2 months after the original plan... sucks!

Followers