Thursday, July 30, 2009

I've been FRAMED!!!

Okay, I know you can see where I'm going with the title of this post here. They day I thought would never come has finally arrived!! They started framing my house! (You know, the infamous they). I think lumber was just delivered on Monday, or sometime late last week and already they have made what looks to me like a lot of progress!

This picture was taken by the community manager and sent to me on Tuesday, so I'm thinking this was the view on Tuesday night.

By the way, shout out to Erin for taking the rest of the pictures!!! It's the next best thing to being there myself!!

View from the front west side. I wish they'd leave the port-a-potty there for when I have people over! haha.
View from the back west side.

The view from the basement.

Of course there are several more photos, but I'm pretty sure that nobody is quite as excited about it as I am and interested in seeing a bunch of pictures of wood. In any case, it almost feels real now! I am kind of sad that I am not actually there myself to see and witness all the things that are going on, but I am very happy to be sleeping on the tempur pedic mattress at my mom's house here in Nevada! :) I'm hoping to find out when my pre drywall inspection is really going to be tomorrow...and I'm getting close to locking in my interest rate finally!

Things here in Las Vegas are going great! The first three weeks of my contract have just flown by! I just found out yesterday that they want to extend me for four more weeks. Yeah! So I will be here through Labor day weekend. I am really really liking the floor and hospital I am working at here! It's a nice break from sick patients to work with the post partum moms. Not to mention I only ever have 5 patients and NO BABIES! What could be better?? Almost every one of my patients has been awesome and I had three tell me yesterday that I was the best nurse they had had. Sometimes I question why I ever went into nursing, but it is days like that that remind me! Everyone I work with has been really nice, too. They have been patient with me and all my stupid questions! :)

I have been able to spend quite a bit of time with my niece, too. She is the cutest little girl EVER! (and no, I'm not biased!!) We went up to southern Utah last weekend to see my mom's family and I even took Amaria over to see my dad's parents over in Milford. A busy but productive weekend! I'm hoping that Amaria will be able to go with me to my family reunion next month. I know she would have a blast! Not to mention that it's more time I get to spend with her!

On a tasty side note, my dad went fishing in Alaska last week and brought home 98 pounds (YES! 98 pounds! Freakin crazy!!) of fish. Mostly salmon and some halibut. Hopefully he will be able to bring me some the next time I see him. My mouth is watering just thinking about it.

I suppose that is the extent of my life for now. Hopefully it won't be quite as long before I update again. However, my mom's internet is agonizingly slow so I can't make any promises....

1 comment:

Palfreyman said...

so does this mean no Def Leppard adn Poisin in Aug?

Followers