Saturday, March 28, 2009

Still Waiting!

So, unfortunately I don't have any wonderful news to post. I don't really have much of anything to blog about for that matter. Which is why I haven't lately. Seems like I have been working and trying to catch up on my sleep lately. I think I am just getting too old for nights. I can't believe I don't get sick more often!

I have a lot of fun things to look forward to, but I have really been in a funk lately. I don't know if it is all the rain....or I just miss my friends and family or what. Even as I sit here typing this I feel like I want to cry and I really have no idea why. Other than I am a girl, which I guess is excuse enough. But I am not usually like this. Hopefully I am just missing everyone, which will be resolved (for a while at least) by a lovely road trip to Salt Lake in a couple of weeks! I'm pretty excited! The bad part about it is that I am coming when I was supposed to be going to New York. Sooo bummed that I'm not going. My brother called and told me that it's not a good time for them. Kind of sad since I was going to be there on Easter and on my brother's birthday, but oh well. I am hoping to go in May. Maybe Memorial Day weekend. I'm trying not to get my hopes up because who knows if it will work out! Anyway, I already had the time off work and I feel like I am desperately in need of a break, so I decided it might be wise to go to Salt Lake and take a load of my crap and explore some job options, look for a place to live, get my hair done and just see everyone. I'm leaving on April 9 and I'm going to stop in Boise and spend the night and see my dad who I am also missing a lot right now. I would kind of like to spend more time there but I have a concealed carry permit class on Saturday morning at 9 in Salt Lake. Anyway, I'm excited to see everyone....let me know what your schedule is!

One of my good friends from nursing school, Marija, is coming to visit me on Monday! I'm so excited! Hopefully that will help bring me out of this crappy rut I am in! I finally got my disgusting apartment all cleaned today and ready to go! I have to work tomorrow and Sunday and then she will be here. I'm sure the time will fly by...amazing how that works. 4 days off always goes way faster than two days of work!

I went out in Portland with some friends on St. Patrick's Day. It was quite a last minute thing but we really ended up having a great time! And we ran into like the 2 other people we know in this town! Here are a few pics... This is me and Amy, one of the other travelers I work with. Me and Michelle, one of the other nurses we ran into.

And this is Joe, another one of the travelers I work with.

I went out with another friend from work on the Saturday after St. Patrick's Day. We went up to Portland and went to the Portland City Grill which is on the 30th floor of some building. Pretty cool view but kind of a hoity toity place. We roamed around the streets of Portland and went to a couple of other places. It was a lot of fun! Other than Cat's husband ran her black Yukon into a white pole. Ouch. She wasn't very happy about it, but they are getting it fixed so I guess it is all going to work out!

Kathy, Cat (who I work with) and me at one of the many stops on our trek!

And I had a little visitor out on my deck the other day. I took this picture because I knew my niece would love it, but I guess it's good blog material too...

I always thought squirrels or chipmunks or whatever were cute, but there have been a couple out on my deck and after seeing them up close, I think they are kind of gross. Beady eyes, claws, they kind of make me think of rats. And they just run around like idiots and it takes them forever to figure out how to get off the deck.

I am planning a trip to Mexico (probably) for my birthday. Anyone who talks to me knows that I really wanted to go to Hawaii, but I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a trip. We all know the economy sucks and it feels nice to have some money in the bank and it would be foolish to spend it all on a vacation. So I think I'll be going to either Can Cun or Cozumel June 13-June 17. Anybody want to go??

So, that's my life in a nutshell lately. Get it? Chipmunk? Nutshell? haha. I'm hilarious. Anyway. Obviously I have yet to hear from Westminster. Which is probably a big part of the reason I am feeling so weird lately. I absolutely positively hate not being able to plan things out and this is kind of big. Like, my whole life. It's irritating to me that I really can't 100% plan what I'm going to do after this assignment is up (May 14! I can't wait!!) I think I will probably be going back to Salt Lake regardless of whether I get into school or not, but there is a small chance that I will do some more traveling if I don't, so I guess it would be nice to know. I know I am blessed, and like I said I do have a lot of fun things to look forward to soon but we all have to whine every now and again, right? So thanks for listening!

3 comments:

Palfreyman said...

That sucks you dont get to go see your fam in New York, but I'm glad that you get to come here instead give me a ring so that I can maybe see and talk to you!!

Silvia said...

Oh man! I know how you feel... the whole depression bug has caught me off guard too. But it's just my lifestyle at the moment- work full time, go to school nearly full-time, have a kid, money problems, trying to save my house, etc... I bet just being away from your fam and waiting on Westminster to get their butts in gear is making you sad... but hopefully it'll go away. You know I'm always one phone call away my friend! I miss you so much, you should come over and hang out when you're down here, k?

Nick and Amera said...

Oh Shauna, I wish I could give you a big big hug right now. I hope you know that I love you. I am in a big funk as well, but I really do think as soon as the sun shines and the flowers bloom, we will all carry a bigger smile on our faces. Howver, if thats not the caase and something else is bothering you, let me tell you, I love you and if you need anything at all, please let me know. I would love to go to cancun wiht you...however, you know my situation.... but someday we'll have to vaca it up together. I am excited for you though to see your family ad friends. I think that might partially be some of your slump since you are so excited to see everyone, you must be missing someone. Let me know if you need anything and what your plans are! I love you lots and hope life cheers up a little for you!

Followers