Saturday, March 14, 2009

...but then again

Since I actually have a signed contract in my possession, I thought it might be safe to update. Apparently I am going to be staying in Salem until May 14. Yes, I decided to extend my contract. And apparently the "higher ups" have decided to extend me, too. As much as I am sick of nights I think it will be worth it to have a guaranteed job with guaranteed hours for another month. The job I will most likely take when I get back to Salt Lake is an agency job with no required nights, weekends, or holidays. Yeah! Obviously I am not guaranteed hours, but the lady there told me as long as I am willing to be flexible I should have no problem working 3-4 days a week. I also explained the situation to her (the possible extension) and she said she would not blame me at all for extending and that they would be happy to work with me regardless of what I did. So, hopefully it will all be for the best.
I finally planned my trip to New York! I'm so excited! I'm leaving on the 11th of April and coming back on the 20th. I guess that's the beauty of extending my contract...I get to tell them when I want to work. So really I will only end up working for an extra three weeks here. And I will have more time to pack and prepare to move although knowing me I will still do it all at the last minute anyway.

Anyway! Of course I have heard nothing but crickets chirping as far as Westminster is concerned. Still keeping my fingers crossed. Technically it has only been two weeks because of their spring break so I'm sure I just need to be patient.

I guess that's the latest and greatest for now. I will be here until May 14 (the hospital is thrilled, of course. I'm awesome, can you blame them?!) I hope to head back home after that and possibly explore home ownership. Which means I may have to do a little couch surfing while checking out my options. So anyone with an extra couch to spare..... :)
Everyone take care, hopefully I will be updating with great news soon!

2 comments:

Silvia said...

yay! I'm jealous you get to go to NY. I've always wanted to go there. Someday I will though. I still keep my hopes up! And as always: can't wait to hear about Westminster!

Nick and Amera said...

Ok, so my computer is dumb and when someone updates it doesnt bump thier name to the top of my list....so Im sorry I didnt notice this update earlier!!!!
I love you! Im jealous your going to NY! Its awesome there! Definatly a FUN VACATION! If you were looking for something romantic or relaxing I wouldnt suggest it. I tell Nick if we're ever looking to GO CRAZY, Its NY BABY! Its fun there though, there's so many lights, so many people, so many things to see and look at. I seriously could go and just walk all day and not plan anything to do....because as you walk....there is plenty to see and do on the way. Its such a fun town! I hope you go to the Statue of Libery and stuff. When I went it was closed cause I went RIGHT after 9-11..... so when i went things were a little more quiet if you will. But yes, go to China town, that place is awesome.....see central park, go shopping, see a broadway, eat expensive and take lots of picts!! Im so jelous!! you'll have fun! let me know more about Westminister....I've been crossing my fingers for you!! Love ya munches!

Followers