Monday, March 9, 2009

Randomness

So, I don't really have anything exciting to blog about or even any pictures to post, but here I am anyway! I am currently STILL waiting to hear back from Westminster. Surely they know how suspenseful it is for those of us who have applied and don't know their decision yet! I am trying (unsuccessfully) to be patient. Hopefully no news is good news, right?

I found out last week that the hospital here wants me to extend. I wasn't sure if I really wanted to...I'm so anxious to go home! But in any case, I have agreed to extend until May 14. I figured I should be very happy to have a job (and a good paying one at that!) and I am so not ready to move in a month! It would be a month from today, in fact. No thanks! So, as much as I don't particularly like Salem, I do like the floor I work on for the most part and the people are pretty darn awesome! I was planning on taking the week after my original contract ended in April and going to New York, so hopefully it will still work out that I can go. I have never been and I'm totally excited to go! I will have my own personal tour guide and I get to see my niece!!

In other news, I LOVE the new U2 CD, No Line on the Horizon (as if there was ever any doubt). They announced their 2009 tour dates today and I'm sad to say that Salt Lake is not on the list. However, I've read that they will also be doing another American leg of their tour in Summer 2010. Too far away as far as I'm concerned, but it's better than nothing! I feel like they might add some more cities to the list as what is listed now is pretty slim pickings! So hopefully Utah will be among those added. If not, I am going to attempt to get tickets to the show in Las Vegas on October 23. Well, even if they do, I will still try to go to the Vegas show. It sounds like it is going to be a phenomenal show! And U2 is always worth seeing more than once if you ask me! And who the heck knows where I will be this fall anyway! If all goes as planned, I will be back home. But, story of my life, I don't even know where I will be two months from now.
I hope everyone has a fabulous week!!

2 comments:

Silvia said...

that's awesome they wanted to extend your contract! That means you're an AWESOME nurse- which I totally think you are! They'd be idiots not to. Anyway. I'm still waiting to hear from you as soon as you find out if you're going to Westminster or not. I'm sending out good vibes and positive thoughts to ya!

Nick and Amera said...

Westminister is keeping me on edge too! What the fruit cake????? Well, im glad you like your new u2 cd and Im glad your also enjoying your job! You are doing good all around and that is so fabulous! Well now that i've written on your blog, I should go write on your facbook wall and then i'll text you on your phone too.... I dont think its called stalking, its called boardeom and obsessive. SEE YA ON THE FLIP SIDE!!! LOVE YOUR STINKIN GUTS!

Followers