Sunday, April 5, 2009

Spring has Sprung!

Well, I am officially out of my funk. I think Marija paying me a visit helped a lot! We had so much fun! We went out to Tillamook and went to the cheese factory. It was so freakin sweet! I love cheese.
There was a viewing area where you could watch them packaging the cheese. It was so cool! I wanted to jump through the window and take a big bite of cheese.
This was a gigantic vat of curds. They press these into the big blocks and then they let them age.
How bad would this job suck?? But it was cool for us to watch!
Tillamook also makes ice cream which I have been hearing wonderful things about ever since I moved here. So of course we had to try the ice cream! Marija got the Oregon strawberry and I got blueberry cheesecake. BEST ice cream EVER! And I don't even like ice cream! We then drove up the coast. Too bad the weather sucked bad. It rained off and on all day and it was windy and cold. But there was some seriously awesome scenery! We stopped in a town called Cannon Beach and had dinner and then drove home. I think we drove like 400 miles that day. I was pretty happy to be home!
Oregon coast...as you can see the weather sucks, but it was beautiful!
Me and Marija getting blown to smithereens. I look like a moron in this photo, but we were having fun!

This was on the way home. If you could see a little more to the right, there was like a total junk yard house there. I mean seriously....if you live somewhere with scenery like this, perhaps you could limit yourself to one or two cars up on bricks in the yard. Anyway, the rest of the time Marija was here we lounged around and went shopping. It was fun to have some time off and actually have someone to hang with!

I worked last night and Friday and I have not been sleeping worth a CRAP lately. I mean, I never thought I would say those words. This whole night time gig is kicking my butt. Hopefully I only have a few weeks left of this. The weather yesterday and today was awesome!! Today it was 75 degrees! I actually managed to sleep until 4:00 and then I got up and decided that it would be a good day to wash my car. And was it ever!! I was just going to do a quick wash, but once I got started I thought it would be nice to wax it...and polish my wheels...and condition my seats....so I spent a good 4 hours on my car, but man does it look good! Of course I took pictures.


I am so proud! And it is supposed to be sunny here until Thursday. I think that's some kind of record! So hopefully I will get to enjoy the fruits of my labor for a couple of days at least.

I can't wait for my road trip on Thursday! I'm sure Thursday and Friday will be some very long days full of driving, but I'm looking forward to jammin down the road with some awesome music! Of course I have procrastinated with packing. But I guess it will get done eventually.

I have also booked my tickets to New York Memorial Day weekend. Hopefully it will work out this time! My dad is going to be there at the same time and I'm sure it will be a blast! I'm told that's the best time to visit the city anyway. So....that is the latest and greatest. No word from Westminster (try not to be shocked). I should probably finish packing and try to get some sleep. I can't wait to see everyone in SLC!

1 comment:

Silvia said...

I am SO sad that I can't see you :) Hopefully next time we can get together! But I've been to Cannon Beach, and Haystack Beach... oooohhh they are AMAZING!!! But I did go there when it was nice and sunny, so you may not have had the best of it! I'm glad you're not in a funk anymore; it helps when you get out and do stuff :)

Followers