Friday, April 17, 2009

Lot #0414

You might be wondering why I have posted a photo of a patch of dirt. Or, perhaps you have put the title of this blog and the picture together. In any case, some pretty big news in my world today! And NO, I haven't heard from Westminster! I am building a house!! It is in Eagle Mountain in the Ranches subdivision. I can't even express how excited I am! I put the deposit on my lot yesterday and picked out the colors for the outside today. I even took pictures!

This is the color scheme for the outside. Not that you can tell really well from the picture, but the stucco is a dark brown and there will be rock accents. I picked the blue color for my front door and the beige for the garage door and accents. The other colors are accents and fascia, shutters etc. The shingles are obviously black. Pretty dang exciting! Tomorrow I am going to the "design center" to pick all my other stuff for the inside. I am definitely going to upgrade the carpet and pad and I am getting a gas stove. Other than that...who knows what they will be able to talk me into. So that's my exciting news! Obviously I have been having a great time here in Salt Lake! I have also found a job...which I kind of already had. I will be working for an agency here in Salt Lake going to different hospitals. I told the lady that I would probably be living in Eagle Mountain and she said they also do some hospitals in Utah county, so hopefully I will be able to stay close to home. All in all, things are falling nicely into place...if only Westminster would cooperate! But I suppose if they don't, things are going great anyway and I will just apply again next year.

Easter was really good for me! My best friend, Erin's, family had a BBQ. Of course I was in charge of all the grilling and the kids had an easter egg hunt! The Easter bunny even brought me a really cute shirt and some candy. Erin's family is pretty much my family so I was happy to be able to spend Easter with them. I also went over to my cousin's house for another BBQ on Easter night. All in all it was a fun and productive day!

I feel like I need to post a picture of some of the windmills I encountered on the way to Salt Lake from Salem. For some reason I am fascinated by them!! So I took about a million pictures from my car (can't believe I didn't wreck or something!)


I am headed back to Salem on Sunday. I am going to spend Sunday night and possibly Monday night at my dad's in Boise. Then back to Salem and work on Thursday! I am actually not dreading it! I am looking forward to working, picking up a few extra shifts and getting my things packed up and moving back here for good...and of course looking forward to finishing my house!! I will probably move in sometime at the end of August or beginning of September. In the meantime, I will probably bum a room off my cousin. So! I'm sure I will be throwing a big housewarming party at some point! Something for everyone to look forward to!

6 comments:

Nick and Amera said...

THAT IS THE BOMB! Yeah!!! So fun and soooo awesome! I know exactly where that is, we've considered living out there because the houses are so cheap! So cool Shauna, that is awesome and good for you! Im so proud of you, you are growing up so fast!!! snif- snif Have fun with it, and go crazy!!!!! be sure to take lots of picts on teh way, I want to see this beauty in progress!!! Im glad you are living in ut now and have found jobs here, seriously, things are falling right into place for you, its meant to be! awesome!!!

Palfreyman said...

I am so excited for you!!! That is so awesome that you found a job, your building a house, just everything!! Its just all so exciting I just cant take it!!

The Burrows Family said...

Yay!! I am so excited for you!! We need to get together again sometime!! I can't wait to see it when it's done!

Silvia said...

Shauna!!! that's awesome! I'm so excited for you! We almost bought a place out in EM back last year but decided with the gas it wasn't worth it LOL But yay for you!

The Mac Clan said...

that is crazy you are moving to Eagle Mtn. We lived in Saratoga Springs for 7 years. My husband is still a part time firefighter down there. My parents still live down that way. I loved it down there...just not the commute.

The Waldron Family said...

I am so excited to have you come back! And your house... I am jealous. Can't wait for the house warming!!! (I will for sure be there)

Followers