Thursday, October 16, 2008

Nothing New...

Nothing new is really going on around here, but I know everyone is DYING for an update! haha. My traveling friend, Kim, and I are planning on going to Seattle tomorrow, so hopefully I will have pictures to post soon! I'm pretty excited. I love being a tourist! And I was just watching some lame show on VH1 and apparently Bill Gates and Matt Stone (Southpark guy) both have houses/condos in the Seattle area so perhaps I'll be a stalker. I also went and applied for my passport today! I'm really excited for some reason. I'm going to Mexico in January, but I don't technically need my passport since it will be on a cruise, but you never know when you might want to leave the contry at the last minute, right?

Work is going okay. The bullcrap of hospitals is the same everywhere! But the beauty of this one is that I'm only attached for 3 months! Nothing bad has happened and the people here are really nice. But it's just frustrating to not be able to do more for patients no matter where you go. And Kim and I were given a pretty big guilt trip for trying to take our HUGE 30 minute lunch break somewhere besides on the floor last night. That's right. We don't work hard enough, they seem to think we should sit at the nurse's station and eat our food while listening to all the annoying beeping hospital noises. So, I'm sure I'm not the favorite of that charge nurse but whatever. I work my butt off and I'm taking my damn 30 minutes! I don't really think it's too much to ask. So anyway....enough of my complaining. Really, work is not going too bad, just that one lame incident. Even the "go live" of the new computer system that everyone was freaking out about went pretty well. It helps that Kim and I are practically super users since we are so darn smart! However, my strategy of keeping my mouth shut and sitting in the corner has been quite effective and nobody has really asked me any questions about anything. So...enough of my rambling! I guess it's obvious that I only slept 3 hours today and I'm off to bed! Hopefully I will have some awesome pictures to post after tomorrow!

PS I really really really love the song Crush by David Archuleta! I have never watched American Idol, but I should have watched and voted for him last season! What was I thinking??

5 comments:

Silvia said...

SHAUNA!!!! OMG!!!! How the heck are you girlfriend?! I miss you so much! Ehehe I guess I shouldn't say "why did you leave?", because that would be hypocritical of me hahahah
I KNEW you were so cut out for traveling. It's in your blood, sister! I knew it from the moment I found out, you'd have a BLAST. Sorry to hear that hospitals treat their employees like crap no matter where you go. I wonder why I want to become a nurse...
I'm so glad though that you're loving Washington. How exciting it is to travel around the US and get paid for it!
Next time you come to SLC, will you please let me know so I can see you?!
Love ya tons!
-Silvia

cristelle amber said...

you are working too hard girl! it would be fun to travel while doing it though. BTW, i love that song too. it is totally growing on me.

Nick and Amera said...

DID YOU SAY DAVID ARCHULETTA?? Oh if I was 10 years younger....well maybe 15 years younger..... he's sucha heart breaker!!!
Im glad to hear your loving your job and loving life as a traveler! Im so jealous, that sounds like a blast! Good for you! Can you imagine if we were nurses together? That would be bad, but fun! well, its good to hear from you! Im sorry you neve met Bono, I think you and I have bad luck in this area....although, des did write me back later that night and said, "JK you dork! I have the worst luck ever, dont worry I didnt meet him, but I had ya!!" what a brat! Keep in touch shauna, I love checking your blogg!!!

Nick and Amera said...

i knew you'd appreciate that picture shauna! ahahah, reminds you of the good ol' days! Gosh I forgot about that famous line, "build me up so I dont have to brag about myself later" hahaha, thats classic!! Bring on the quotes and memories, I love remembering them! ahaha. Your so funny, I LOVE IT!

The Waldron Family said...

I am glad you are enjoying yourself. i was hoping you'd hate it and come back to this dark hole. Things are the same, but we are getting staff so it doesn't seem so bad...all the time. Oh well. Keep up the blog, I want to hear all your adventures..esp the trip to FORKS!!! he he he Let me know if you find any hot imortal guys.

Followers