Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Here Goes Nothing

Well, I promised several people that if I ended up doing the traveling nurse thing I would start a blog, so here I am!

I made it to Tacoma, Washington a little over a week ago for my first traveling assignment. So far, so good! Contrary to what everyone says, it does not rain here every single day. I love the rain, so even if it did, I would be okay! My apartment is about 2 minutes from Puget Sound, so I'm sure I will be doing a lot of things outdoors. I've met another traveler who works on the same floor as I do and lives in my apartment complex, so it's nice to have someone to hang out with who knows exactly what I'm going through! We have many grand plans to visit Mt. Rainier, Mt. St. Helens, Seattle, etc...maybe I'll even go up to Forks! haha. Anyway, this has definitely been a learning experience, but overall things have gone pretty smoothly. I have mostly been in hospital/computer orientation so far here. I've been on the floor only two nights and things seemed pretty calm even though there was a rapid response called the first night I was there. It is nothing like the 8 or 9 patients (excuse me, couplets!) that I'm used to! I just hope I can keep myself busy. So, I guess that's it for my first blog ever! I have some pictures but I have yet to upload them, so hopefully I will do that soon.

Come back and visit!!

No comments:

Followers