Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Halloween!!

Okay, so this post really has nothing to do with Halloween. And my camera is officially broken! I had to send it into Sony for service so I am without a camera for who knows how long! I did take my memory cards into Wal Mart and got my pictures put on a CD so here are a few! But who knows when I will be able to take more pictures :( . These are some pictures from the very first Starbucks in Seattle!




And I'm sure no visit to Seattle is complete without a picture of the Space Needle!
This last weekend was my good friend Ralph's 21st birthday in Las Vegas. They had a "little" house party. Wow. Those people know how to throw a party!! There was a DJ, tons and tons of food, and of course what seemed like thousands of people! So here are a few pictures from that...







The party was tons of fun!! But a few of us stayed up all night. I am getting too old for that! It took me two days to recover. But like I said, it was lots of fun!
So...I would just like to rant for a moment about the drivers here in Washington. Nobody here is in a hurry. EVER. And I think the highest speed limit I've seen is 35. The speed limit on most roads is 30! Come on! Who drives 30?! Old people maybe. And everyone in Washington. I was coming home from Costco today and I had to go 20 almost the whole way home! Maybe it's all the time I spent driving with all the crazy freaks in Las Vegas, but these people drive unreasonably slow. That is one thing I will not miss on my next assignment!
On a happier note, I found a Jimmy John's here! For those of you unlucky enough to have never experienced Jimmy John's, it is a fabulous sandwich place! People in Salt Lake, there is a Jimmy John's on the northeast corner of 72nd South and 9th East. And for those of you in Las Vegas, there is one on Charleston and Rancho. I'm sure there are others, but those are the ones that I frequented. I love the Tom Turkey and a pickle. Mmmmmm! You all need to try it.
I hope everyone has a great Halloween! I will be working, of course. So everyone keep your fingers crossed that all the freaks stay in instead of coming out and ending up at the hospital!

4 comments:

Silvia said...

Hi Shauna! I do have to say that your first picture you posted inside Starbucks looks like your left arm is missing hahahaha
I do confess to you that I am a very mad driver, and if people are driving slow, I cuss up a storm. I don't know if I would EVER be able to drive around when the fastest speed people drive at is 30. That would drive me insane!!!!
I am happy the party went well and that you had lots of fun. I haven't stayed up all night at a party since I was 13... did I mention I passed as an 18yr old when I was 13 and got into a nightclub??? Eheheh That's when I stayed up and party. It was awesome!
Glad to hear things are good, and sorry to hear about your camera. That sucks!
-Silvia

Silvia said...

BTW, I forgot to say, Jimmy John's is pretty darn good. Elijah loves to eat there!

Nick and Amera said...

PICTURES FINALLY!! Yeah!! You look like your having a blast shauna!! Im so happy for you! All those pictures are so cute of you with your friends....(good to know you still like brown friends:) hehe. Anyway, I love seattle, I bet your loving it there too! Party it up girl, you deserve it! You are a serious partier, man I havent stayed up late since....FOREVER AGO!! (added bonus: i just barfed) Anyway, I love ya! Im glad your havin fun, sounds like more fun than im havin right now!

The Waldron Family said...

Just be old school and buy a disposable camera until you get yours back. he he! HOw much longer do you have up there and where you going next?

Followers