Well, Christmas. Cute little questionnaire I stole from Amera and Christina.
1. What 5 items are on your holiday wish list this year? Hmmm....surprisingly, I don't really know. Stuff for the house is always good! A Bose speaker for my iPod (not happening, I'm sure). A bookshelf (also not happening). A blu ray player. A Dyson (another one that isn't happening). Gift cards to Home Depot and such.
2. What is your favorite handmade gift you have received? Anything from Amaria. She always makes cute pictures and drawings and she has also made me a really cute picture frame, although it wasn't for Christmas.
3. What handmade gift have you always wanted to tackle? I just wish I could hand make something and it would actually turn out like I picture it in my head....
4. What was the best Christmas gift you received as a child? I got a blow up tent one year that I thought was the coolest. I also got a Cabbage Patch Kid every year from my parents.
5. What items are on your kid's wish lists this year? Well, since I don't have any kids....Amaria wants a zhu zhu hamster (who doesn't??) a Barbie Motor home and various Littlest Pet Shop things.
6. What is your favorite holiday food? I like the traditional stuff...turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, pumpkin pie (and roll) etc. etc. etc.....
7. What will you be hand crafting for the holidays? I'm sorry to say, probably not a darn thing.
8. What is your favorite holiday movie? Probably A Christmas Story. I also like Rudolph and the Island of Misfit Toys.
9. Favorite holiday song? O Holy Night.
10. Favorite holiday pastime? Shopping! I just love buying things for others! I always get carried away and spend way too much!
So, I am done with everything in the house but my office! I finally got my couch and love seat from the storage unit in Las Vegas! I even splurged and bought myself the TV to go in the niche above the fireplace. And it's a perfect fit! I don't know how I watched anything but HD. What a difference! I'm excited for Christmas this year, although I don't even know what my plans are. I don't have a lot on my list (mostly big things that I'm sure I'll buy myself later). I just love this time of year! I love the snow, I love the music, I love the lights, I love the gifts! Today was the first real storm of the season (out here in EM at least) and I got to use my new snow blower! Slick as a whistle! I cleared my driveway, my neighbor's driveway and the sidewalks in less than 20 minutes. I should have made that purchase years ago! I also got to use my snow tires on the way to work this morning. Too bad it took me 1.5 hours to get there! But I felt safe the whole way there. And I guess that's what's important. So, nothing else to report. At the rate I'm going, I probably won't make another post before Christmas so everyone have a very MERRY CHRISTMAS! And a Happy New Year of course! I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season!!