Saturday, January 30, 2010

Holiday Wrap Up! (Just a Little Late.......)

Well, I officially suck at blogging. What can I say? So much to do, so little time! Christmas was great! I went to Cedar City and spent it with family, some of whom I don't get to see often at all. We had some seriously great food including the awesomest greasiest Christmas breakfast ever!! We had an awesome Christmas Eve dinner of bbq'd mutton steaks and my mom made the most fantastic prime rib roast for Christmas dinner. I think I probably gained 10 pounds or so. But it was definitely worth it!
Christmas Eve dinner!! Aunt Helen was there, too but I couldn't get everyone in the picture. My photography skills leave a bit to be desired...
Hicks and Sundi.


Aunt Cathy got a new iPod for Christmas!!
Hicks and his amazing (and cute) trick baby!!

Grandma Manda and Jack.

It was a rough morning for Uncle John....

Mom and Brent peeling potatoes for the BEST Christmas dinner ever!!!

I also had a little Christmas party/housewarming party a couple of weeks before Christmas. I have some great friends! We had a lot of fun, as usual.

Levi and Brekyn.
Eric, Mike, Allison and Erin. Definitely some of my favorite peeps!!

Bryce, Karsten, Tavian, Jayden, Jade, Ashlie.

Bryan and Amber.

So, after coming home for Christmas, I went to get my oil changed. I ended up coming home with a new car. I'd say I got a little more than I bargained for, huh? This was the last picture I took of my car. Obviously not a great picture but there was some guy from the dealership about to get in and drive off in it. Kind of a sad moment. Anyone who even sort of knows me knows how much I LOVED that car. I thought I would never get rid of it!!
And this is the new ride! Not a great picture, but I was in a hurry to get back to the dealership so I could get the snow tires off my old car. And ever since this day my car has been filthy thanks to all the snow and salt! So, yes, this is the same thing I had before. But I have always wanted a black Charger with black interior. And now I have one! LOVE it! This one also has remote start. Not an option that I would have at all picked out but now that I have it, I don't think I can live without it! It's so awesome in the winter time! I have had the windows tinted but I want to get new wheels. I liked the wheels on my first Charger better. Not sure if I am going to go with chrome or black on this one?

New Year's was a lot of fun!! Lots of my peeps got together for a party at Jared and Alisa's house! Always fun with these guys!!


John and H Town (aka best insurance broker EVER!!!)


Our host and hostess for the big bash!! Jared and Alisa!

Me and Alisa.

Me and Amber. My face looks totally swollen in this picture. No, I did not just have my wisdom teeth removed.

The girls!!

So, I guess that was my holiday season in a nutshell. I am finally done putting my entire house together! And by done I mean that I am going to be totally changing it tomorrow. Really. The thought kind of makes me sick, but it must be done. My dad is coming down (he was unable to make it for turkey day!) and he is bringing me a new desk, bookshelf, bed for the spare room, shelves for the basement, lawn equipment, surround sound, etc. etc.... He started driving big rigs in September and has had most of his stuff in storage. I figured it's better for him to put it in my basement which is practically empty than to waste money on a storage unit every month. And of course I get to loot through it all and use what I want! Yeah! I'm excited! Other than the mess that is sure to result. Oh well. I am also excited to see my dad!! I haven't seen him since last August. I am cooking a belated Christmas dinner tomorrow since he didn't get one out on the road. I only hope mine turns out as good as my mom's did! I have begun planning projects for springtime as well. I have to have my front yard in by May 31st and a fence around my back yard by July. I would like to have a bigger patio and a concrete pad poured on the east side of my house before the fence gets put in.........the list of projects is endless, as every homeowner knows. I can't WAIT to have a yard again!!! I'm sure I will have my work cut out for me. Hopefully it isn't another two months before I make a post again, but I am not making any promises. Hope everyone had a great January! It will be Spring before we know it!!!

1 comment:

Nick and Amera said...

WELL ITS ABOUT DANG TIME!! I've been waiting for a post forever! What did you do, get a life or something???!!!! thats ok!!!! I loved your post and Im so glad you had some fun holidays with lots of fun family and food!!!! sooo fun!!!! Love all the picts too!! Your so cute shauna, I could just squeeze your cute cheeks!!!! Amber should get a blog!! tell her! I love your house as well, it fits you perfectly!!! I cant wait for spring!!! Ok, now its my turn!!! COULD I PUT ANY MORE EXCLAMATION POINTS!!!???? HAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA OK, NOW IMJUST ANNOYING! i love your blog!!!!!

Followers