Monday, October 19, 2009

Moved!

It has been quite some time since I posted! Well, I have been a little bit busy with other things, as I'm sure you can imagine! First of all, I think everyone thought I was exaggerating when I said I had been sleeping on a cot since May (not counting the time I was in Las Vegas). So I took some photos just so everyone could see how much fun it was! I even took a picture of it folded up so that it is clear that, yes, it really was a cot. Excuse the poor quality, I had the camera on the wrong setting. I just figured that out, literally like one minute ago. Duh.
Please excuse the mess...it was moving day. So in any case, I went from that to this........
Oh how I missed my bed!! It has been fantastic to sleep in it again after over a year! I have been sleeping quite well! You can also see that I am not exaggerating when I say that my bed weighs hundreds of pounds. It's no wonder nobody wants to help me move any more!


And everyone has been asking for pictures of my house with furniture in it, so here you go! I am a little ashamed to be posting a picture of such a mess, but we have all moved before and know how it is, right? Right now I am done with the kitchen, and hoping to finish up the living room today. Then on to my bedroom (the bathroom is the biggest chore there)! and then to the extra bedrooms. Only problem is that I cannot find the screws to my spare bed or to the legs for my desk. I guess that is what happens when things have been packed for over a year! I'm sure I put them in a "safe" place somewhere and I'll run across them....eventually. The move went really well, especially considering that most of the people I was counting on ended up not being able to help! Thank heavens for the Linnell family and Mike, who seem to be the ones there helping me every time I move! My cousin also showed and her husband came and hung my blinds the next day, so kudos to them, too! Things are coming along slowly but surely. I have been working (gotta pay the mortgage now!) so I'm sure it will still be a while before I get everything put away. Not to mention that I am headed to Las Vegas for the U2 concert on Thursday! I can't believe it is finally time for that concert! I have been waiting for that longer than for my house! I don't want to leave the fun of having a new house, but I know the concert is going to be awesome!! So, I haven't fallen off the face of the earth, just having fun getting settled! Hopefully Iwill be ready for a housewarming party soon so I can show everything off! :)

4 comments:

Silvia said...

it looks fabulous, despite you saying it looks horrible! I love your bed, it looks nice and comfy! Good job :)

Our Family said...

House looks so cute, I bet you are more than excited to be in finally!
Glad you found me, I am adding you to my list so I can in turn stalk you back!

Nick and Amera said...

I love those hard wood floors!! beauty! beauty at its best right there at your house! jealous! love ya and miss you!

The Waldron Family said...

when is the party?

Followers