Sunday, August 23, 2009

Put on a Happy Fascia!

I know it has been a while since my last update. I guess I have been putting it off because the internet here is HORRIBLE! But, here I am. I decided not to put it off any longer. And I know everyone has been dying for an update! Right?? In the house department, I now have a roof and fascia. My fireplace and bathtubs are installed! The HVAC, plumbing and electrical are all done. Sheetrock was supposed to be done at the end of last week, so we shall see. I am heading to Salt Lake to see Poison/Def Leppard/Cheap Trick on Tuesday so I will of course take a trip out to Eagle Mountain to see how things are progressing. I suspect they have started the process for the stucco on the outside as well. Here are a few pictures from the last time I was up. Shingles and fascia are done! Looks like they are getting ready to start on the outside. The community manager sent me this picture on Thursday. The fireplace!! I can't wait for winter and sitting in front of the fireplace!The tub/shower in my bathroom. One thing I do not like about this house is that the bathrooms aren't nearly big enough. However, my closet is the same size as the bathroom! I guess you can't have it all, right?

This is looking from the front door down the hall into the living room. I LOVE that big window.

Like I said, I am headed to Salt Lake on Tuesday for the concert and I am coming back to Las Vegas on Wednesday. Unfortunately, there is an orientation class for University Hospital on the 31st. I would just say screw it but I have to have this class to work at the U and they haven't had one since January! SO....I get to fly to Salt Lake again on Sunday the 30th and back to Las Vegas the next day. UGH! Too much airport time! Oh well, hopefully I will be assured all the shifts I want with so much variety of where to work.

I also had a family reunion the weekend of the 15th. I was able to take Amaria with me and she had a blast! The reunion was in the mountains up near Lehman Caves. It was actually a really nice place with plenty of room for the entire family. We did a tour of Lehman Caves on Saturday. I had been there once before but I think I was maybe 5 so I don't remember it. It was really cool! Here are a few pictures...

This is a picture of some aunts, cousins and Amaria swimming. I think this was probably her favorite activity of the weekend! These two were joined at the hip pretty much the whole weekend. Amaria and Josie at the entrance to Lehman Caves. Me and Amaria in Lehman Caves. Amaria, grandpa and great grandpa inside Lehman Caves. Inside Lehman Caves. Pretty freakin cool!

This is the teepee that we slept in. I think Amaria thought it was about the coolest thing ever to sleep in a teepee! It was a good weekend and fun to catch up with the family, some of whom I hardly ever see.

Well, now that it has taken me the entire morning to upload all those pictures to this blog, I am off to pack and get ready for the week of work and travel. I'm sure I will have some more house photos to share when I get back from my latest trip to Salt Lake.

1 comment:

Silvia said...

wow! your house has really taken off! And why is it that every time you're in SLC I don't see you?!

Followers