Monday, May 11, 2009

The Light at the End of the Tunnel

I'm sorry to say that I don't have any pictures to post, but I am going to make a post anyway because I have a feeling it will probably be a long while before I have time to post again. I wonder if I could have said post a few more times in that last sentence? Anyway...things are moving along at lightning speed! And going quite well, too! I made an exceptionally quick trip to Salt Lake last Tuesday to Thursday. I finalized all my choices for the inside and outside of my house. It was so much fun! I also met with them and finalized the plans for the house. This was a little over my head, but I chose placement for all the outlets, phone jacks and tv boxes, among other things. It was so great to have my dad there with me for all of these meetings! He gave me a lot of helpful insight not only from someone who has owned a house but someone who has built them, too. I think I probably would have made some different decisions that I wouldn't have been as happy with in the long run. I also wrote a very large check which means they should be starting on the house any time now! I can't wait for any progress at all! I'm so excited! The house next door was just being framed the last time I was in Salt Lake if I remember correctly. Now it is almost all the way done. I snooped around inside and it looks like all that is left to do is lay the carpet and the paint touch up stuff. My lot remains unchanged. Otherwise I would have taken photos! I know how much you would all love to see a hole in the ground, right?

I have a mere two shifts left here at Salem Hospital. This is the light at the end of my tunnel! I really have liked working here and I have enjoyed everyone that I work with. I am just anxious to get home and get on with my life, I guess. I am also heading to Boston and New York on Monday. Can't wait!! I'm sure there will be pictures to post after that trip. Unless my stupid camera breaks right the middle of it! So...I am leaving Salem for good this Friday morning. I'm going to spend Friday night and probably Saturday in Boise with my dad and then head to Salt Lake. My cousin and her husband are being so kind and have my room all ready! I think it will be a fun four months! However, I am not excited for it to be revealed to others how lazy I really am! Oh well.

I hope everyone had a great mother's day!! This is the first mother's day that I haven't been with my mom. Kind of sad but I guess we will all live.

Everyone have a great couple of weeks and think about me while I am living it up in Boston and NYC!!

4 comments:

Silvia said...

how exciting! lots of changes for ya, it looks like! But you didn't say whether or not you got into Westminster. I thought for sure you would've saved it until the end of your post, and I was like, "... but wait! she didn't say anything about getting in!!! aahhh!"

Nick and Amera said...

boy do I miss you!!! I think you are making the coolest awesomest strides ever! Im jealous about the house, why is it taking us forever to be approved??? Im so sick of the wait! You are the bom.com honey!!! So what about Westminister??? I miss you and please show more picts of your new house, I love to see picts!!!!! I miss you shauna!!! sorry Im out of hte loop and missing in action......once im not fat and bloated you'll hear more from me!!! Love your guts!

myspoileddogs said...

That's so exciting to get to make all the decisions on how your house will be when its finished. I can't imagine how many changes I would have made had I built either of my two houses from scratch! Would be a sweet deal! Maybe one day but no time soon.

Can't wait to see pics of the finished product. Did you say its in Eagle Mountain? That seems SO far away from SL LOL>

Sundi @ The Life of a Cheap Chickadee said...

How exciting that your building! Building a house is like Christmas everyday :) I'm glad you have a blog too!

Followers