Wednesday, December 31, 2008

We're not in Kansas anymore...

So.....once again I am slacking on updating! Things have just been busy, busy, busy in these parts since Christmas. My dad drove up on the Tuesday before Christmas after braving all the snow and closed roads on the way. Fortunately he is used to driving in lots and lots of snow so he made it here in one piece, just extra extra slow! Of course I worked on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day so we celebrated Christmas on Friday. My dad has been driving me to and picking me up from work because Kim's car got broken into on Christmas Eve morning and pretty much everything she owned was stolen. So, needless to say, I am a little paranoid and have been requiring my own personal chauffeur. Fortunately my dad was here to fill that role! Anyway....my dad picked me up from work on Christmas morning and when we got back to my apartment, my dad had put up a little tree and some Christmas lights. It was so awesome! I was kind of sad because I didn't have a tree or decorations or anything. So I was pretty happy. We went to breakfast on Friday and opened gifts. My mom got me a Wii. YAH! I also got some DVD's, games for the wii, new MAC, and cash which is always good. My dad and I decided to head up to Victoria, BC on Saturday. We took the ferry over and stayed at a hotel in town. We went to the Butchart Gardens on Saturday night. It was all decorated up for Christmas and it looked AWESOME! My dad has a great camera and took lots of pictures. But, seeing as I'm at work, I won't be uploading any to this post. But I will definitely post some pictures later. We came back on Sunday, and I am rounding out 2008 by working! yah! Unfortunately, I just got some bad news this morning. My agency called and told me that the Oregon State Board of Nursing has been closed for two weeks because of this storm we had. So....I don't have a license in Oregon and I can't work there. I was planning on leaving on Friday for Salem, but I guess that's on hold for now. My agency is looking at some short term options in other states where I have a license or states that will honor a license I already have. Apparently there are some available in Texas, Colorado and Kansas. Like I want to go to any of those places!! But whatever, I've got bills to pay and I guess I'm going to have to go where the work is. I just hope this doesn't screw up my cruise or anything else I've got planned. So, I am unemployed as of 0700 on January 1st. Who knows what is going to happen. Everyone please keep your fingers crossed!! I will keep you updated. And....HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

3 comments:

Silvia said...

Oh man... that really blows you don't have a job for the moment. But I'm sure you'll be able to find something soon. But if you look on the bright side, it's a mini vacation! ...And like everyone else I know, you also got the Wii. I'm so jealous!

Nick and Amera said...

You had an awesome christmas! A MAC!! spoiled!!! Im so happy for you though, that is awesome! As for the job thing, wow, im crossing my brown little fingers for you, thats rough! I hope it works out soon! I cant imagine it not working out, there is always a need for cute little nurses like yourself out there! Im glad you got to spend such great times with your dad, cherish those times my dear, they are so rare anymore! Keep in touch and let me know how things are going!! I wish you all the luck in the world! Oh and p.s. where did you get your nursing degree??

Anonymous said...

Seems like the Wii was the hot item this year. I'm jealous of all you got. Spoiled!!! jk The after Christmas Chirstmas with your dad sounds so nice! That is why I want to travel because you get to go see cool things everywhere you go.

Followers