Saturday, November 22, 2008

Portland! (And other things)

I am still relatively new to the world of blogging, and already I am slacking in my posting! What can I say, I am a busy girl....not. I really haven't done too much lately, just work and....work it seems like. I did go to Portland a couple of weeks ago. It was fun to see some old friends! Here are a few pictures.
Caroline apparently has a green fetish. She claims that she didn't plan to pack everything green yet somehow she did.
We like to call this one "Where's Caroline?" Between the green wall, Caroline's green ensemble and the greenery at the bottom...well, you get the idea.
We went on a hike in this really cool foresty area and did a little self photography while we were at it!

There was on old building along the trail. Here, I am trying to demonstrate my lack of proper attire as it was kind of rainy and very muddy and slippery. Yes, I am wearing short pants and thongs (or slippers or sandals or whatever the crap you are supposed to call them these days). But, I must say that I hiked Diamondhead in Honolulu in these same shoes! For those of you who are unfamiliar with Diamondhead, it is supposedly a 0.8 mile hike. WRONG! Well, maybe it is 0.8 mile, but it was pretty much straight uphill. Let me post a picture of the fabulous view...

You get the idea, I'm sure. Needless to say, never underestimate the power of my spice girls shoes! They are apparently equivalent to some decent hiking boots. Ah, in posting that picture I am longing for Hawaii more than ever!! I am planning on returning for my 30th birthday (it's next year!!! Yikes!) Anyway, the rest of my visit to Portland was great. Me, Caroline and Anne went to a class on herbal remedies and then ate at this awesome old school that had been redone by some company that apparently buys old schools and churches and things and restores them. My rambling is probably making no sense, but this school (Kennedy School) was awesome! I was just fascinated by all the history. There was a great restaurant, meeting rooms, a soaking pool and even hotel rooms. I was quite impressed. That's really all that I've done lately besides spending too much money at the MAC counter and watching a lot of old ER! I am planning to go to a fabulous Mexican restaurant tomorrow and then.....going to see Twilight! I am quite excited! I can't believe I am kind of acting like all those screaming annoying little girls. But what can I say? They were good books!

I'm sure I won't post again before Thanksgiving, so I hope everyone has a good one. I am headed to Las Vegas to be with my mom, brother, step dad, sister in law (practically) and most importantly my niece!! I can't wait!! It kinda sucks being this far away from family. My assignment is more than half over already and I can't believe it! I don't know where I'm off to next. Somewhere without snow!

Everyone have a happy Turkey Day!

2 comments:

Silvia said...

Sounds like you get out a lot. I love Portland. One day I'd like to go back and live there for a while (before my parents and in-laws go senile and I have to come back to take care of them).
I miss you so much! The other day I was remembering this one time where you came up to the nurses station and you said something with the word "Crapola", and I almost fell off my chair laughing. It was hysterical! But then I'm always easily amused...

The Mac Clan said...

Hey, was the restaraunt Mcminimins. If so I love that place. I can't believe you are in the Seattle area. That is my college stomping grounds.

Followers