Thursday, February 26, 2009

Fast Cars

I feel like I have been neglecting this lately! Well, that's probably because I have. Weird how that works out. Anyway, things have been kinda crazy around here lately. I got my grad school application submitted to Westminster on February 6 and they called me the next Friday (the 13th) to set up an interview....for the next Wednesday, Thursday, or Friday! Perhaps I neglected to mention that I am 13 hours away from them?? Anyway, I knew I was going to do whatever I had to do to get to that interview, so I did. I was actually already planning on coming to Salt Lake that weekend anyway, but I had to rearrange my schedule at work a bit and get an earlier flight. Fortunately everyone at work was beyond awesome and I easily got my Thursday night shift covered and picked up another shift earlier in the week. I also managed to find a sweet $260 suit for $60, and a pair of shoes (like I need any more, right) and get my portfolio together on my one day off. So.....my interview was Friday morning (the 20th) at 9:00 am. I have seriously never ever been so nervous for anything in my life! I was like 20 minutes early and I just sat there sweating bullets. It would have been interesting to know what my blood pressure was! And I was practically hyperventilating. I can't believe how freaked out I was! I think the interview itself went pretty well. I had a quick (and awesome!!) answer to all of their questions and I even pulled a few questions for them out of thin air. I was really so nervous I just wanted to get out of there! They are having spring break this week and they told me that I would probably know if I am accepted sometime next week. It is obviously out of my hands now, but I keep going back and forth between "of course I'll get in!!" to "I'm going to die if I don't get in, all my plans will be ruined, etc. etc...." I suppose all I can do now is wait...and wait... The rest of the weekend was pretty good. For everyone who I didn't get to see, let me apologize. It seems like there are so many people I want to see and never enough time!! I promise when I am back you will all get your turn with me! haha. Anyway, Saturday was awesome!! I hung out with some old school friends.
That's a picture of all of us...Amber, me, Erin, Caroline and Chamberlee. They are just as much of a riot as they were in middle school! We had tons of fun!
And this is what Mike (Amber's husband) does while the rest of us are dancing and singing and just being crazy in general. Seriously.
And here are Amber and Caroline showing off some moves!

And I just had to include this photo...Erin has found a new place to store her water bottles! Awesome!!

Anyway, we had a blast on Saturday night, went to breakfast with Heidi and dinner with my cousins on Sunday, went shopping/running errands on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. Never a dull moment it seems like. Now I am back in good old Salem and I get to work the next four nights. Yuk. I hate working nights and I really really hope this is the last assignment that I have to do it. I guess we shall see... It also snowed here this morning! I thought I was done with that! Fortunately it was only about a half an inch and it appears to mostly be melted at this point but still. I do not want to have to drive in the snow again without snow tires! Speaking of which, the one bright spot to returning "home" and going back to work is that I get to drive my car again!! I know, it sounds totally lame! But I was so excited when I got on the freeway and just...took off. I do love the power! Again, I know it sounds lame and it's just not something that I can explain but it's definitely a small comfort when I have just left all my "stuff" and my best friends behind. What can I say??

Now that I have rambled on and on yet again, I suppose I should go get ready for what is sure to be an AWESOME four nights at work!! not. Please keep your fingers crossed for me, and hopefully I will know my fate sometime next week!!

4 comments:

Taylor and Natalie Hathcock said...

good job Shauna! I didn't know that you were going to go back to school. That is awesome good for you! HOpe to see you some time

cristelle amber said...

good luck sheesh. you will totally get in are ya kiddin. thanks for letting ME know you would be in town. HA! next time perhaps...

Silvia said...

I am totally keeping my fingers crossed for you! You're totally smart, and if you don't get in, they'll be missing out on a GREAT student!

Nick and Amera said...

Well first of all, dont be dumb...OF COURSE YOU NEED NEW SHOES FOR THE INTERVIEW!! WHAT ARE YOU THINKING???? And you will need another pair to celebrate if and when you get accepted....and anotehr pair if you dont....(like that'll happen...) Your too smart to not get accepted you dork. I've never seen you NOT suceeed in your education. I will keep my fingers crossed for you-but I really do not doubt for 2 seconds that west minister wont want that sexy beast sitting at one of thier desks!!! Your a hot rod!!!!!! I love you!! I hope you told Amber hi for me! What a gang you guys are....Caroline....I remember how funny she was!!! Im glad you got together with them all, its good to be with old friends, it brings back so many good memories! Good stuff! Im so glad to see an update finally....I thought you ran off wiht Bono or something without telling me first! If you did, then I would really expect you to use his money to take me to italy or something.... Anyway, dont worry sister, I think you will get into grad school hands down. YOur the best and I wish you the best of luck ever. Let me know if you SERIOUSLY need anything shauna, really though....If you need anything at all ok? Love you to pecies!!

Followers